Wednesday 21 April 2010

IN THE SPOTLIGHT: Event Co-organizer Will Manning talks to Peter Howard the Shark



oi oiiiii ladies and gents. Peter Howard the Shark here checking in for biznass! I am 22 years of age, a great white, I work in stationary and i frequent most bars and clubs in the Knightsbridge Area. Every week or so I will be bringing you interviews with those behind Twang in the Pub, those playing Twang in the Pub and those potential punters who are expecting to attend this years event!
Don't forget to check out my brother from another species Alpaca Jon's blogposts about rumours and the potential lineup! You can find his scribbles by navigating the menu on your left..no wait..right..your right.



This week i'm talking to event co-organizer William Avington Manning who's idea it was to bring back this monolithic event to our tidy little town and getting the lowdown about what's happening. So without any further hestitation, lets get on with it! Alright! South Pacific motherfucker!

Q: Ahhh Mr. Manning, lovely office you have here and you make a mean cup of coffee..what exactly is it you do?
A: Well here at Twang In the Pub headquarters I just generally run shit, photocopy stuff and pitch my ideas to the CEO Sir Van Rensburg.
Q: Sounds bloody noble. I understand that you are co-organizing this year's Twang in the Pub festival, what made you come up with the idea of bringing it back?
A: Well, my pal Ben Van Rensburg as you know, organised this event in the memory of his beloved sister who sadly passed away in 2006 and to raise some cash for the school she attended. After two or three great years helping him out on the originals, we handed over to a different team and I learnt this year that not only had Ben's act been dropped from the lineup but also the charities had too. Money raised at this event [Twangfest] will now go to a local Runner and Testbourne School Swimming Pool. In my opinion, these are not as worthy as the original charities; Icknield School and Naomi House. Knowing this, I pressed my friend Ben to kickstart a revival
Q: Sounds like a fantastic idea..here, have a Lion Bar (Will unwraps it quietly and gingerly dunks it into his flat lemonade) What are your memories of the very first Twang in the Pub?
A: Gosh.. memories of the first one... Well the two stand out performances for me were of course Dead Sea Fuckin' Scrolls and One Icon..but I just remember it being very messy but good, wholesome fun.
Q: Can you tell us anything about any of the bands that will be playing? fuck..can you tell us anything at all?
Well the lineup is being kept under wraps at the moment(looks angrily at a picture of Alpaca Jon and stares at him for several minutes). One thing's for sure, rapper Busta Rhymes will not be appearing after the fiasco of the 1994 event i held in Germany (Will looks into the distance and shakes his head)
Q: Ahh I remember it well, the Dusseldorf Poultry Famine they called it! Anyway, this year's event takes place at The Kings Arms on September 11th. Why the Kings Arms and does the date have any significance?
A: Well the Kings Arms is very close to my heart after holding the original there after every other pub in whitchurch was unwilling to hold the show. We decided that it would be apt and proper for the Kings to be the... well King! As for the Date we are of course celebrating the act of terrorism upon America in 2001.
Q: (I Adjust my tie awkwardly)Lets move on shall we? Mr. FatzDomingo ..sorry..i mean Manning..i hear you're organizing a charity 3-peaks challenge event in July..care to tell us more?
A) Id rather not, Is a secret (Will giggles like a tickled child before unbuttoning his shirt) but myself, Ben Van Ritzverm, Craigasaurus, Tim Robbins and our trusty camera man who is only know as 'The Artist' will be climbing up three mountains in as many days. In fancy dress of course!
Q: Sounds a trek shag. Now i'm going to ask you about something very serious. Recently, allegations over trout poaching have surfaced with your name being thrown about. Witnesses claim to have seen you sat down the green on a large toadstool dressed as a gnome, holding a stick with a piece of string attached to it..is there anything to these rumours?
A)(Will delicately fumbles through a leather briefcase and pulls out a jade green filofax. He opens it up, wets his thumb and flicks through the abundance of paper before pausing and pulling out a small, yellow post-it note) At this time I would like to read out a prepared statement. (He sticks the post-it note to his face and begins to read from a piece of paper next to him) On march 5th 2010, I had been under the influence of a potent cocktail of drugs and alcohol. I made many grave errors that day - the first of which being the choice to take those drugs. I am not proud of what I did, nor do I condone it. It was stupid and I would like to apologize to all of my fans. Also, fuck bitches and hoes.
Q: Wise words there from a well dressed Gentleman. Finally ..what can we as punters..expect from this years Twang in the Pub?
A) Four words mate - Fucking Mental.

Twang in the Pub happens in Whitchurch on September 11th 2010 at the Kings Arms, Whitchuch

0 comments:

Post a Comment